Creating an email account has become one of the most important things to do. It has become so because whenever you register or create an account on any website, you need to do so with an email account.
Since Google reigns supreme on the internet, Gmail has quickly become the most used email service provider. In the last few years, it has surpassed even the likes of Yahoo Mail! And Rediff Mail, both of which have been left in the dust.
If you try to create more than one account on Gmail, you will be surprised to know that you can. Therefore, a question like how many Gmail accounts can I have becomes commonly asked around on the internet.
If you have such a question on your mind, then you have clicked on the right link. If you want the answer to your question (and a few more things), keep reading this article till the end.
How To Create A Gmail Account?
If you want to create a Gmail account, then be easy knowing that it’s pretty easy to do so. You can create a new account either from your smartphone or from your computer.
To Gmail create an account, you must:
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Go to Gmail.com from Google.
- On the page, tap on Create Account.
- You will be presented with two options here – For Myself or To Manage My Business. Choose the appropriate reason for which you are creating a new Gmail account.
- First, enter your First Name and Last Name.
- Then, select a proper Username. Select the one that is available and not already used by another account. Google will tell you whether the username you selected is unique or not.
- After you are done with the previous step, you have to enter your password. Ensure that it has a combination of more than eight letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Enter your password again for confirmation.
- After you are done with these steps so far on this page, click on Next
- On this page, you will be requested to verify your phone number. Therefore, enter your phone number (optional)
- If you did enter your phone number, then Google will send you a verification code on the phone with that number. Enter the verification code here.
- After verification, provide your Date Of Birth.
- After that, suggest a recovery email address (optional)
- Then specify your Gender
- Read the Terms Regarding Privacy Policies Of Google and Agree to them.
That’s it! You have successfully created your new Gmail account! Now you can start sending emails and use this account to register on any website you want!
How Many Gmail Accounts Can You Have?
You might have a question in your head, like, how many Gmail accounts can I have? This is a pretty common question that many ask. Even I asked myself this question one day when I created a few Gmail accounts under my name.
The answer is that you can create an infinite number of Gmail accounts.
However, there are a few restrictions in place. Even though you can still create an almost infinite number of new Gmail accounts, there are some restrictions placed – which can, however, be skipped.
One of these restrictions is the fact that you can verify your phone number within only four Gmail accounts at the same time. After you are done connecting and verifying your phone number in four Gmail accounts, you cannot use that number anymore. However, this is not a serious limitation since verifying your phone number while creating a new number is optional anyway.
How To Switch Between Multiple Gmail Accounts?
Now that you have created multiple Gmail accounts, you might wonder – how to switch between each of them simultaneously. Well, lucky for you, it’s very easy to do so.
All you need to do is:
- First and foremost, do a Google account sign-up.
- Open your Gmail homepage.
- You will be asked to give your username and password to log in.
- Do this for all the accounts that you have created.
- When you do so, you will open the inbox of the last account you logged in from (only if the Remember Me option is turned on).
- On the top right corner of the screen, you will see your email profile picture in a circle. Click on it.
- Here, you will get to see all the various email accounts you have logged in with on your device.
- Simply click on the one you want to log in to next. This process will start all over again for the next account, or you might be directly redirected to the inbox of the other Gmail account.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
Many people search in Google by asking questions related to how many Gmail accounts I can have. Some of the most frequently asked questions are:
Ans- If you want to create multiple Gmail accounts with the same phone number, then you can do so pretty easily. However, there is a limit to creating four Gmail accounts with just one verified number.
Ans- Depending on the situation, it might be good to have multiple Gmail accounts. For example, you can use it to log into various websites, while you can use another exclusively for registering social media accounts.
Ans- No, you cannot change your Gmail address. Here, I am referring to changing the username of your Gmail address. You can only change the name of the Gmail account, but not your username.
Ans- You can create a new Gmail account without using a verified mobile number. Although there is a field that says Enter Mobile Number, it is actually not necessary, and you can skip it if you want.
Ans- You can manage multiple Gmail accounts at once by merging their inbox using a third-party app. Simply download and use the DragApp. Then link it with all your Gmail accounts. Now, you will receive all inbox emails of all the accounts in the DragApp.
Final Takeaway: Yes, You Can Have Many Accounts
Since you had a question like how many Gmail accounts can I have – the answer is almost infinite. You can create multiple Gmail accounts under your name and use them for various purposes as they seem fit to you.
However, the only restriction that you have is the fact that you can verify your phone number only in four of them. Even though it is optional, you can register your phone number on four of them.
If you want to read more tech-related articles, then you can find them all here at Techrab!